Archive for the ‘Home’ Category

Contact

I will be away taking a well earned, and overdue holiday this week, so if for any reason there is an issue that cannot wait until I return on the 17th of April please contact Simon Hudson or Mark Robinson.

I will have limited access to email, so please dont mail me if you require a quick response.

John Stooke – Secretary

Read Full Post »

Water

It was hoped that the water would be turned on this past weekend, but due to there still being an issue with the leak its has been put off until Easter weekend whilst we gather some information with regards to the amount of water being lost, and for the council to respond.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this cause anyone.

John Stooke

Read Full Post »

Site Security

We recently had trespassers on site during the late evening. It’s not certain how they gained access, but after a walk around site a couple of area’s of possible entry were identified. Work is currently underway to minimse the potential for entry at these points.

At this time, I am certain that 4 gardens were accessed, with damage being caused during and upon entry. Should anyone know of any gardens that had been broken into with damage caused and or items stolen please let me know in the first instance to enable me to update the police.

As I state at the top of this post, it’s not certain how they gained access, and although a couple of area’s had been identified as a risk, there is still the possibility that someone just “Walked In”. It has been brought to my attention that the main gate is being left open for considerable lenghts of time on a regular basis.

The gate MUST be closed each time you enter or exit the site unless you have a fellow gardener entering or exiting behind you.

This is a reoccurring issue and it seems that a tenant or tenants have a blatant disregard for the security/safety of our site and its gardeners, therefore I intend to have an indepth discussion at the AGM with regards to what action can be taken against any tenant/s that repeatedly compromise our security/safety.

John Stooke

Read Full Post »

AGM 2022

As previously comminicated, this years AGM due to be held on 27th March was cancelled and rescheduled for 24th April. The meeting is scheduled to start at 10:30 am in the Association polytunnel, so please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start as you will need to sign in and collect any documentation relevant to the meeting.

If you have any items that you wish to be raised, please send them to the Secretary, in writing via the postbox outside the Association compound, or via email to opfgha.secretary@gmail.com no later than the 16th April, these will be added to the agenda that I aim to circulate on the 17th April.

John Stooke

Read Full Post »

Present:  John Stooke, Mark Robinson, Jane Bowden, Tom Hutchinson

Apologies: Simon Hudson, Wendy Thomas, Carol Brier, Charles Dewa

Observer: 

Meeting opened at 11.05am

The minutes from the previous meeting held 21st November 2021 were accepted. Proposed by MR and seconded by TH.

Matters Arising

  • Strategic/Financial Plan: JS to organise a meeting of the group (JB, JR, MR and SH) – ongoing
  • FCA: Still no response from FCA re annual charges for submitting Accounts.  MR to submit accounts shortly so will get information at that point.
  • Water leak/Lease:  The water people will be returning on 28th February to complete the work.  Steve Yorke reported that the stopcocks before and after the meter have now been turned off although when only the second one was turned off, the meter continued to turn, albeit slowly, suggesting there is another leak or the stopcock hadn’t been fully turned off.  Jo Tarrant is aware that the leak being fixed is a condition of us signing the new lease/management agreement.
  • Sub committees: a. Funding: WT, MR and SH have been working on funding options, b. Social – JS and JB to discuss, c.  Legal – JB, JS and Barry to meet with the aim of getting the group set up by the end of May, d. Others all agreed that we should aim to make progress on these by end of May, especially as so many people had volunteered to help.  JB agreed to have a go at drafting some terms of reference.
  • Hedges: Only one hedge remains a cause for concern. JS
  • Noticeboards: JS is still working on the design of these.
  • Key Register: Done
  • Stock Control sheet for the shop:  JS/MR to devise something before the AGM.
  • Following the inspection, RB had been readmitted to the committee.  However, he has not been in contact regarding the committee and the plot remains in an unsatisfactory state despite assurances.  JS/SH/MR
  • Website:  Awaiting information from Carol

Treasurer’s Report

  • Current financial situation:  MR explained that the rent bill was expected imminently and should be covered by our surplus.  We currently have about £2350 available for spending (the rest is required for liabilities such as key deposits, water bill) until the end of September.  This means we are in a reasonable position. 
  • BBQ:  £72 was still outstanding for the strimmer (MR/JS to chase). 
  • Accounts: Will go to the auditor (Perveen Hussain) this week.  Most of her recommendations from last year had been acted upon although we still need to finalise the stock check and the register for accessing the hut.  MR/JS
  • Rents:  One tenant remains in arrears with his rent.  All agreed this was unacceptable and unfair on other tenants.  MR/JS/SH to follow up on this

Secretary’s Report

  • Vacant plots:  New tenants have made good progress on their plots.
  • Plot 1:  Following a discussion by JS with the tenant, there has been significant improvement which was welcomed.  All agreed JS had handled the situation well.
  • Eviction:  As agreed, the Secretary has broken into plot 10/11.  There is nothing of value but a lot of rubbish left, so MR will organise a skip.
  • The question of ‘bequeathing’ a tenancy to a family member or friend if they have been involved in working the plot over a period of time will be clarified by the group looking to standardise all the policies and procedures. Review of tenancy agreement/rules to clarify 6 month probationary period and 3 month review of progress and dealing with those who do just a small amount of work to stop the procedure then neglect their plot again. (JS)
  • Trees: Have been trimmed as far as we can reach.  Thanks to Steve Yorke
  • Policies:  See matters arising

Any other Business

  • Damaged Polytunnel: The Community polytunnel had been damaged in recent gales.  MR to find out if this is covered by our insurance policy.
  • Damage to lane:  The recent bad weather has led to damage to lanes.  JS to order hardcore for potholes and to ask tenants to refrain from driving vehicles on very muddy roads
  • MR indicated that he may not be renewing his tenancy next year.  It was agreed to ask for volunteers to take over as Treasurer at the AGM.

Rolled over items

  • Toilet (WT)
  • First Aid kit (WT)
  • Defibrillator (WT)
  • Keys to the hut (SH)

Date of next meeting:  20th March 2022 10.30 in the polytunnel to prepare for the AGM on 27th March. (AGM subsequently postponed to 24th April 2022)

Read Full Post »

AGM 2022

At the close of last year’s AGM we set a date for our 2022 AGM, unfortunately the date set, the 27th of March is Mothering Sunday, and Im sure that many of you will want to make other plans for that day.

During the recent storms the Association polytunnel took a quite a battering, sustaining damage which was beyond repair. A new cover has been purchased, and once a few items of maintenance/repair have been complete on the frame the cover can be fitted.

So, with the points above being taken into consideration, this year’s AGM will be moved to the 24th of April. The meeting is scheduled to start at 10:30am, so please arrive by 10:20am allowing time to sign in and take a seat.

Should anyone have any items that they wish to raise and dicuss, please put them in writing and send them to opfgha.secretary@gmail.com, or by post using the Association post box before the 31st of March, I will then add them to the agenda.

John Stooke – Secretary

Read Full Post »

Compost Delivery

Codnor Horticultural will delivering 144 bags of compost and 40 growbags this Friday the 28th.

I will arrive on site at 10am as the delivery is expected to arrive between 10am and 11am, a helping hand to unload it into the hut would be much appreciated. (Many hands make light work)

Tea and coffee will be available.

John Stooke

Read Full Post »

Committee Meeting 19th January 2022

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control this evenings committee meeting had to be cancelled.

The meeting will sheduled for a later date, day and time to be confirmed.

John Stooke – Secretary

Read Full Post »

« Newer Posts - Older Posts »